PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 17:24
Kbboca

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body parts from all passengers found

The Assoc. Press is reporting today that body parts from all 150 passengers & crew have been found

Plane crash co-pilot eyed suicide methods, cockpit security | Miami Herald Miami Herald
PARIS French investigators have identified body parts from all 150 people aboard the Germanwings flight that crashed more than a week ago, a prosecutor said Thursday.
Investigators have found and studied 2,854 body parts, Marseille Prosecutor Brice Robin said.
But he said it will still take a long time for investigators to match the body parts with DNA samples from families of the victims.

I hope there will be enough tissue from the remains of the co-pilot to do a thorough toxocology analysis to determine what meds he may have been taking.

Also of interest, the same article notes that 40 cell phones have been found - most "very very damaged." I can only pray that incredible care will be exercised with these and that there will not be further (?) release of the passengers' videos to the media. I can't imagine what the families must be facing and feeling given what has already been released (assuming the video purportedly viewed by Paris Match & Bild is real.)