PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 15:55
Me Myself

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" What I am awaiting is the realisation that the basis for this Co-Pilot being on the aircraft was the regulator, not the airline Eventually LH will get bored of being blamed, and state who is responsible for, and issued a certificate for, his medical "fitness".

Who did employ him in the first place after a burn out during initial training ? Abinitio pilot training isn't exactly Navy Seal training and to experience a severe depressive syndrom during that time at age 22/24 isn't very promising for the future. The guy should have been sent packing. Lufthansa isn't a charity, nor is any major airline.
So, maybe the German authorities gave him a medical, but LH decided to employ him and I am sorry......but I see grounds for loss of trust, medical or not.
This job is demanding enough as it is with life throwing its load of divorces, messed up kids and God kows what....to allow someone with a mental problem at such a young age to be employed by an airline.

Everyone seems to forget that the threat is outside the cockpit, not inside for crying out loud !!
What good does it make to have a cabin crew who only gets assed every couple of years, with a big chunk of that demographic toeing he sanity line, be alone with the remaining pilot, the very one everybody wants to have his crack examined at every angle ??