PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Another way in?
Thread: Another way in?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2003, 06:37
Obs cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Pilot Pete has hit many of the key points in both his posts above, and his account of his trials and tribulations.

For what it is worth, I have a very simplified and realistic (I think!) approach. The jobs market is poor at the moment, but don't ever kid yourself that in a few years time we will have more jobs than pilots. Such is the attraction of aviation that even if the demand for pilots rises ten-fold, there will always be more applicants than positions.

You can never have the security of knowing that you can simply complete a course and airlines will offer you a RHS at the end. However, if people show the determination that PP showed, make the right contacts and can demonstrate they have a little bit extra to offer over other candidates, then they will succeed and get the jobs they worked so hard for. It needs time, hard work and plenty of luck, but if you don't try you will never know.

For my sins I never did a degree, and I don't feel it held me back, but at 29 I am running out of time rapidly. But I am getting airbourne.