PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 12:34
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, why not have a stipulation added. Say at a cost of approximately £20 per letter, whereby a professional pilot has to go to his GP and request a letter stating that for the previous 12 months he has had no visits to the doctors for what could be a set of issues ie mental/serious physical. This letter can be emailed by the gp, using the pilot ref number, to the CAA medical branch and entered onto the file of the pilot in question.
Helimut

Do you not think that where a persons livelihood career could be at stake that making such moves would not drive these pilots away from the GP?
Surely such highlighting would create a situation where a pilot dealing with a divorce or financial problems will go through it on his/her own by being forced into alternative medicine, Hypnosis or other secret treatments so as to keep their GP records clean when the system should be encouraging the opposite a witch hunt against pilots using a broad brush is NOT the answer. We do not even know what specific mental issue the FO had which would allow him to premeditate a suicide and murder of [ 150 ] people? I would think that was unusual
I am not medically qualified but imagine you need to identify the personality trait that can commit mass murder,identify and target that specific condition and yes remove those people who can harm others from the pilot bank

Last edited by Pace; 2nd Apr 2015 at 14:30.