PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Staff Survey email...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 11:44
ekwhistleblower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When it is perceived, rightly or wrongly, there is a fear culture within an airline cultivated by those at the top, who is going to provide honest feedback? The Employee Survey clearly provided a few surprising answers so a few were fired from HR and now the top of the company says it wants to listen. I remember well the last time the top of the company engaged directly with the work force, it was not pretty.

The only way they will get realistic feedback is by creating an anonymous reporting structure but to do so would lose control of the answer. I know we have been recruiting because I see the newbies around EGHQ but for some reason the seniority list is not expanding at the same rate. This will continue until there are no penalties for providing the answer the top does not want to hear.

My feedback would be simple. All the employees want is to be trusted to do their jobs without unnecessary interference from those above. Butt out and let your experts do their jobs both on the aircraft and in the offices. Realise that petty rules instigated on the whim of an individual, to the detriment of the work force as a whole, are an abuse of power.

Great leaders wear their power lighty and trust those they have employed to do their jobs to the best of their ability. They have a multiplier effect and move an entire organisation forward with great strides. Petty dictators sap the energy from their employees and are detrimental to the organisation's goals. If you are in a position of power and see your influence ebbing away, along with the work force, you must decide which type of leadership role you have assumed and change if it is not working.

Asking for feedback has to be a positive step forward but please give us a confidential feedback system with the contributors protected from retribution rather than a portal link directly from our company profile. Just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you! I for one would be happy to provide constructive feedback given the chance.