PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Dual input and side-stick priority
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 09:18
BMATB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320 Dual input and side-stick priority

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so I do apologise if I have posted this in the wrong section. I have tried searching for an answer but to no avail.

I'm currently doing my FYP at University which is looking into the Airbus flight control systems. This also means that I need to include information regarding the dual input and side-stick priority system. I have a few questions in which any response from anyone with experience on the Airbus flight deck will be massively appreciated!!!

1. I understand that the dual input system is in place, however how does it work exactly in regards to the warning messages on the glareshield/PFD?

2. How does the autopilot/priority button on the side-stick work (in terms of how long it needs to be pressed for)?

3. If anyone has ever encountered a dual input situation, is the system in place effective enough and clear to gain an immediate understanding of who has control?

I am currently doing some training/work experience at a base maintenance facility so I have studied the Airbus flight deck in person on an A330, however I have never seen the system in action. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!