PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2015, 01:20
Severe Clear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Lonewolf: "@SevereClear: I detect a bit of "filling in the blanks" in the breaking news story that you linked to. Thanks for the link anyway. If one ever needed an illustration of "if it bleeds it leads" in journalism, this one seems a textbook case."

Not just the video links @parismatch.com, but the text below them of supposed FD step-by-step...if not fully fabricated, it and the linked writings are surely subreption.

I hesitated posting the links, but there are data out there + or -. There is so much that disgusts.

The video and image libraries though are illustrating the enormity of the efforts needed in this recovery and investigation. Few if any ever know or see the number, skill sets, physicality and mental grit recovery and investigative teams attain, let alone in terrain of such extreme difficulties. French officials seem to me to be providing plenty of logical information and the recovery teams are professional not voluntary. Having been fortunate to trade stints at respective areas with French mountaineers/SAR/ski patrol, I learned from interaction that France has highly skilled mountaineers who are also police and a very different system than we deploy in the Rocky Mountains --that is why I agree with another of your points that it is unlikely anything would be purloined, equally because of professional integrity, site/scene protocol, checks and triple checks, and the severity of punishment if discovered. That said, of course anything will likely happen, given the need for immediate gratification of our present Internet Culture...real or made up.