PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2015, 20:43
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TURIN - If you adjudge the postings of regular 'MANCHESTER 1' contributors to be "drivel, counterpoint arguments, hamster wheels, essays", I am bemused as to why you would wish to read the thoughts of those very same people on ANY other thread? My own postings conform to exactly the same [brilliant / atrocious] standard in whichever thread I comment. You have the facility to screen those posts out. If you elect not to avail yourself of that facility, you cannot then demand that those other posters dance to your tune.

You make your own choice at the point when you decide to read a posting or ignore it. As for the composition of the postings, that is the privilege of each individual contributor. They are the authors. It is not your call as a remote observer jeering from the sidelines. You compose your own posts how you want; leave others to compose theirs as they will.

Since the 'MANCHESTER 1' thread reopened it has attracted 304,764 page views in just over four months (at the time of writing). A substantial proportion of the content therein is provided by those same people you appear to object to. There is actually a very compact core of active 'MANCHESTER 1' contributors considering the high readership here. That 304,764 figure suggest to me that they must be doing something right. Their postings clearly generate a high volume of interest. So there must be some element of approval even if that does not include yourself.

I find it remarkable also that those few who are objecting to the direction of the thread are rarely active contributors to the discussion themselves. One even appears to be a first-time poster. If you want the Manchester thread to become a morgue, urging the mods to ban all the core contributors (leaving only those who post to whinge about others) seems the right way to go about it.

I further suggest that PPRuNe's advertisers will be quite gratified to note intelligent, in-depth debate which draws 300,000+ page views in four months to a single thread in a sub-forum. And all with no profanities or libellous behaviour to worry about.

If (your) life is too short, use the 'ignore list' tool. Don't lecture the rest of us about our posting content if you choose to read on regardless.