PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing aircraft - a MEL usage question? how your airline will do?
Old 1st Apr 2015, 17:53
bobbynet87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boeing aircraft - a MEL usage question? how your airline will do?

Dear all:

I am new here for this web. I'm currently a 744 captain, I have a question regarding the MEL usage after engine start and before takeoff period I would like to know what's your airline's handling policy?

If a malfunction occured during above mentioned period, after performing QRH action, if the EICAS MESSAGE still exist. Next step, pilots will check MEL, if this malfunction associated with a MEL (M)item, my company has created a list for some of malfunction items which with (M)procedures the aircraft need to return to bay for maintenance action but the other (M)s which are not in the Ground Turn Back list(GTB) may continue flying.

Personnally, I disagree with this procedure/idea that some selected (M)s which need to Ground Turn Back and some other (M)s no need. I think which against my knowledge of MEL usage. Therefor I would like to know how others/your airline's handling procedures regarding above issue.

Last edited by bobbynet87; 4th Apr 2015 at 13:27. Reason: spelling error