PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting article regarding mental health
Old 1st Apr 2015, 10:20
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mach E.

Part 1..your 4 points..totally agree!!! my cockpit visit on my first flight ever to the deck of a 727-200LR as a 10 year old, fueled my passion for aviation. That visit is as clear to me today, as if it happened yesterday...Can still see the captain with his wizz wheel out converting knots to Kmh for me to better understand.

Part 2. Employer input into depression management. Not convinced that the employer has any further role beyond Compassion and Support.
From an employers position, your role is no different to if the employee suffered from Alcaholism. This is a really grey area, and I am watching with interest my fathers case. He is unable to work, and works for a company that is self insured....he's actually unable to complete most normal tasks...incl wiping his A!. As the company is self insured, he is required to front each day for light duties. Those duties include completing any new computer based training modules that come up, and simply being present....A clear case of a company fueling depression....really don't know where to go with it.

Part 3. As someone who HAS gone through it, i'll be short and sweet. You have no fuggin idea, and are only espousing words from the media...shut up!
And yes I AM drawing on personal experience!

Happy easter to you and family.

Jas