PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2015, 09:39
DirtyProp

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
To me, all that is relevant here, is the safety of the travelling public, who are obliged to place their trust in whatever FD crew are flying the plane on that particular day. And assume that the airlines, regulators, or whoever, are doing whatever it takes to ensure that this trust is well placed. That the crew are healthy in every particular, and on top of their game for whatever hazard they might have to face.
If a pilot loses his license for any medical, conduct, mental problem, then so be it. It is a risk they accept when signing up, as is the case in many other professions.
And I doubt that any of the friends and relations of the dead 150 or so would say different.m
Uhm, no.
The travelling public is not obliged to place their trust in anyone.
The travelling public WILLINGLY CHOSE to place their trust in that particular flight. They chose it because it made economic sense to them. I seriously doubt somebody forced the passengers to get on that plane. They could have gone there by another flight, car, train, etc.
And if - as a pilot - I accept the risks of flying as my profession, so should the travelling public. Flying is inherently dangerous, and not every tragedy can be prevented.