PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - War in Australia (any Oz Politics): the Original
Old 1st Apr 2015, 08:26
bosnich71

I received a questionnaire from my local Federal M.P...... she who was parachuted in to replace the prior one who went on to be a much revered P.M.. Ho,ho!.... today asking me questions ref. Broadband speeds and whether my life was being blighted by slow internet etc. I was able, quite truthfully, to assure her that I was very satisfied with my present arrangement and asked if she could spare time from her Abbott bashing exercise to do something about the 3 level crossings in the electorate that actually do cause her voters grief on a daily basis as well as the nigh on impossible traffic conditions on the freeway into Melbourne etc. etc. which can only get worse as governments of all colours continue to allow developers to build more and more houses in the area without first ensuring that there is the infrastructure in place to support the massive increase in the local population ..... up from 30,000 plus in 1974 to an estimated 200,000 in a couple of years time. Just a small slice of the mooted $ 40 billion cost of broadband might have helped somewhat.
If I do hear from the lady in question I'm sure it will be a load platitudes about how a future Labour government will soon sort out all the problems but in the meantime it is obviously all the fault of Abbott.