PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sleep aids
Thread: Sleep aids
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2015, 17:04
750XL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, I'm not air crew though still employed within aviation.

I've struggled for years with my sleep, ever since my teenage years and have always naturally been a 'night' type of person - Trying to get myself to fall asleep before 1am is near impossible no matter how long I've been awake!

For years I've found myself working early shifts on zero sleep. I'm not sure what prevents me from sleeping, but I guess it's just lying there knowing you HAVE to sleep which prevents me from sleeping, hey ho

Eventually a few months ago I went to the doctors after a number of issues in work, related to my poor sleep, and was prescribed Zolpidem for those sleepless nights (5 or 10mg, depending how I feel).

I've been taking it for a while now, maybe once or twice a week at bed to try and get myself into the shift pattern routine for that week and it tends to work wonders.

As I'm coming to the end of my first packet (30 odd tablets?) I'm just a bit worried where I go from here? Is it feasible to get another perscription, or is it best to stop taking Zolpidem after a few months (albeit once a week).

Thanks