PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA : "Fat and Happy Days" are over, says DPM Lee Hsien Loong
Old 12th Jun 2003, 02:48
mk1eyeball

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

after sept11/01 these poor guys were given a dire straits scenario about annual losses etc etc etc........they took a 7% or so pay cut and lost an annual increment for that year-end to help sia suffer the expected losses.......the company then later made a huge profit of over $600 million sgd !!!!!!!!!
no matter which way you look at it , sia must have known that things were not that bad.......basically they took advantage of their staff and screwed them completely........
i hope that at least with this example in front of the arbitraitors that alpa-s get a clause to re-instate any consessions made this time round as it must be assumed that the afore mentioned scenario is a possibility again.........!!!!!!!
at what point do alpa-s just give up and bend over?????it seems they have been given a bit of space to sqeal about it and lo and behold the unpaid leave taking has disappeared........planned concession/withdrawl to send the signal to the public of concillitory attitude........how sweet ahhhh......now get the vaseline for what was always intended lads........
morale must be diabolical....how far do sia think they can go with this kind of insulting,systematic brutilising of the people which whom without the airplanes cannot get airborne......
me thinks this is such a significant attack to pilot wages/conditions that alpa-s should consider stronger methods if it turns out this permanent pay cut turns sia back to significant profits soon.
there will be nothing to bend over for at this rate in future.
reinstatement must be negotiated or there is nothing to join sia for unless continuous wage/conditions erosion is your desire.!!!
you have my greatest sympathy.......
good luck..