PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna as an Uber Taxi ?
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2015, 00:35
Flying Lawyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pattern_is_full
What is a "CF license"?
I'm not aware of anything in the FAA certification hierarchy between Private and Commercial.

MarkerInbound
The FAA has even held that a private pilot flying for "free" is being compensated with hours logged toward a higher rating.
It has but, as far as I'm aware, not in the context of an otherwise lawful cost-sharing arrangement between individuals. I am, of course, open to correction.
(I agree the FAA defines compensation extremely broadly.)

n5296s
The scenario you describe in post #21 might fall foul of the FAA's definition of compensation because a business relationship existed between the pilot and the passenger. ie Compensation in the form of goodwill, regardless of whether the customer promised future business.

Fonsini
And there I was thinking I could just bung someone a crafty C note
A return flight from Phoenix to Las Vegas with costs shared is likely to cost you more than one C note, whether the arrangement is 'crafty' or entirely legal.
We certainly live in a world of lawyers and regulations, for all the safety I'm sure we have gained I can't help but feel we have lost something as well.
I agree.
However, in many contexts, including internet forums, 'barrack-room lawyers' create more problems. (A British expression; I don't know the American equivalent.)

Radix
Where has Foxmoth advocated finding illegal means?