PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hard landing? Or Crash?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2015, 21:11
India Four Two

Received 75 Likes on 46 Posts
Following up on my previous post, Air Canada were clearly trying to play things down. Further on in the press release they stated:

All passengers and crew deplaned the aircraft. Air Canada can confirm that 23 passengers and crew sustained non-life threatening injuries and have been transported to local hospitals for observation and treatment.
Here's the definition of an accident in Canada:

... must report the following aviation occurrences to the Board if they result directly from the operation of an aircraft

a
) in the case of an accident
  • (i) a person is killed or sustains a serious injury as a result of
    • (A) being on board the aircraft,
    • (B) coming into direct contact with any part of the aircraft, including parts that have become detached from the aircraft, or
    • (C) being directly exposed to jet blast, rotor down wash or propeller wash,
  • (ii) the aircraft sustains structural failure or damage that adversely affects the aircraft’s structural strength, performance or flight characteristics and would normally require major repair or replacement of any affected component, except for
    • (A) engine failure or damage, when the damage is limited to the engine, its cowlings or accessories, or
    • (B) damage limited to propellers, wing tips, antennae, tires, brakes, fairings or small dents or puncture holes in the aircraft’s skin, or ...
http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-1.html#h-4

I think the pictures clearly indicate that this was an "accident", never mind any injuries.