PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My chances for a U.S Major with a Green Card
Old 30th Mar 2015, 17:24
BelArgUSA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basic minimum requirements for USA cargo air carriers are same as major USA passenger airlines - Flying a "cargo" airliner with FedEx or UPS is not considered to be "second class" pilot - FedEx has about the highest paid pilots of any airline in USA -

Although I have been a passenger airline pilot for most of my career, I flew a few months as 747 captain for Cargolux in 1992 - It was the nicest contract I ever got in my life, and they treated their pilots better than any airline I worked with -

I was a Pan Am pilot and lost my job with the bankruptcy in DEC 1991 and could not even find a decent job in USA despite my experience on 707-727-747 - All I got offered was to be a flight engineer 727 with Delta and be paid as a newly hired pilot -

You want to work in USA...? - You are making a mistake - Me... I left USA in 1992 and never get back there - There are decent direct entry captain contract pilot jobs everywhere in the world, this with better pay and benefits - I am retired now and live overseas...