PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2015, 16:48
SENChris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nextprop
Why be so pessimistic when you don't even seem to know what country Maribor is in?! I think the professional expertise of Adria's team should be given rather more credit. They know their home market.

All involved should be applauded for giving this new route the very best chance of success. The lead in fares are extremely attractive, and the route was launched with a major press conference a few days ago. Media coverage has been significant and positive overall.
It is very close to Austria though, and I will be using for my annual family holiday this August. Will be about a 90 minute drive from Maribor over the Austrian border to where we stay in Steiermark (aka Styria). Can't say I'm looking forward to the exceedingly late arrival time in though, nor the no-doubt frosty reception from the hire car company at that late hour!

I hope they can make a go of it. It certainly seems quite ambitious to be launching a three times weekly flight, especially when Slovenia is such a small country and Ljubljana is in fairly easy driving distance.