PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My chances for a U.S Major with a Green Card
Old 30th Mar 2015, 13:47
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the one major thing you may be missing here isn't the amount of flight time you have. Whether it be jet time on the A-380/B777, but the one thing most US majors seem to be gung-ho on is turbine PIC time. They want turbine PIC time. If you don't have it then I think it's safe to say (though not certain) that a major airline will not look at you.

Don't forget that there are US Citizens (who they don't have to conduct the same Green Card checks as on) that the airlines will rather favor. Secondly, there are many, many, many US regional captains waiting for the call who have many, many thousands of turbine PIC.

So to make sure you're competitive, you'll probably need the 1000 hours TURBINE PIC.

The US aviation market isn't as rosy as people like to make out. There are people being hired in the majors, but there are so many, so many qualified candidates, that there just aren't enough spots for them at the majors as yet. What will happen in the future? Who knows, nobody has a crystal ball. So many people talk about retirement figures and all. All I say is 'a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush'. Good luck with your venture.