PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - My chances for a U.S Major with a Green Card
Old 30th Mar 2015, 13:01
zondaracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is the deal right now, some majors right now have lowered the hiring minimums, for example 2500 total time and 1000 turbine time. The only guys I know right now who are getting the call for interviews at the majors are either coming from the military or else they have good connections inside the company. Having said that, I still know plenty of guys (who even have the military background and internal connections) and they still are waiting for a call. If a company such as United is trying to hire 400 pilots this year but they have 12000 applications on file, it is a long wait to get an interview.

I have plenty of friends who meet or exceed the requirements and have been waiting quite awhile for a call. I know several guys who have gone to Frontier Airlines with just turboprop time. Some of the feedback that my friends have received from the airline recruiters is to continuously attend job fairs and to update their applications monthly to show interest. Keep in mind, there are literally 12000-15,000 pilots who meet the minimum requirements for hiring at most of the major airlines, so you will just be another application to add to the pile.

At the regional level, you just need the minimum requirements and a pulse to get hired right now.