PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2015, 20:06
Shed-on-a-Pole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And changing tack entirely, having spent some time over the weekend studying the linked ACL Summer '15 report, I have noticed a couple of interesting snippets which I don't recall seeing discussed previously on here.

Firstly, SAS SCANDINAVIAN plans to grace MAN with an additional 61,606 seats this season. That is an impressive upgrade, surpassing the numbers added by the third daily THY service and coming close the the 64,544 added by Emirates equipment changes. No doubt greater use of A321 equipment accounts for much of this increase but there are 137 additional movements in there as well.

ONUR AIR will not be serving MAN this Summer. They seem to have been around for ever. EVELOP! will also be absent, but they did not have such a long-established presence here as OHY, or the frequency of flights.

JET2's programme sees a fall of 7,289 seats across the season. This is a small drop, but the fact that there is a drop at all is disappointing. Jet2 includes a number of B752+B738 operations in place of the cancelled Air Asia X A333 lease, and allows for absorption of the former Blackpool programme. They also don't take up any of the Monarch Airlines shortfall.

MAN's overall projected increase in seats for the S15 season at 229,635 includes 13,320 seats attributed to Hainan Airlines and 11,468* for Austrian Airlines. Neither of the scheduled services proposed by these carriers are confirmed at this stage. With these two carriers excluded, the increase stands at just 204,847 seats. Quite fragile growth.

*Clarification: The Austrian Airlines figure is not exact, as I deducted the same number of seats as last year to represent the tail-end of the ski-season charters running into April.

Plenty of other interesting reading in the report, but most of it will not be new to regulars on this forum.