PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are the airlines to blame for the pressures they put on Pilots?
Old 29th Mar 2015, 12:39
Kirks gusset

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyjob,

Comparing T+Cs at a major with a LoCo is like comparing working at the corner shop and Harrods, you can't..I believe the original poster reflecting on the tragic events in France wanted to "stir it up" and drag the whole usual debates about Debt, PTF, Hours, etc into the forefront. Apologies in advance if this is not the case..However, there is a valid issue on pressure relating to FTLs and rostering and I am aware from feedbacks that the short haul fleets do everything to a minimum, i.e.Rest, Salaries, however, this was always a breeding ground for long haul ops where the real perks and benefits existed. Unreasonable practices would relate to " forcing people to fly whilst fatigued" " Changing off days with no notice" " early starts after single off days" etc etc. The essence of this forum is debate and mutual enhancement of knowledge, unfortunately, in recent times the forum has become a platform to " wash our dirty linen in public" and I, along with many colleagues 20 Plus years in the industry, really question if this is a worthy direction for the platform to proceed. When I joined as a youngster my HR manager was earning twice my salary, now I am earning four times his, on the other hand he.she works 9-5 for 37.5 hours a week, we, in reality work/report twice that on average. " Sharp practices" yes they exist, but that is not unique to our industry.. PS can't be a tube driver my eyesight is too poor!