PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flap retraction during climbout on a SID
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2015, 10:50
Driver 170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flap retraction during climbout on a SID

I'm looking for some advice, Boeing does state in the FCTM

Immediate Turn after Takeoff - All Engines
Obstacle clearance, noise abatement, or departure procedures may require an immediate turn after takeoff. Initiate the turn at the appropriate altitude (normally at least 400 feet AGL) and maintain V2 + 15 to V2 + 25 with takeoff flaps.

If i'm above 400AGL and climbing out to D3.1 ISX, will i delay Flap retraction untill the turn is complete? My speed was above V2+15 white bug and i also reached my Acc Alt at 3000ft before the turn, my plane was acclerating and positive trend vector with increasing speed, i was F1 takeoff and retracted from F1 to up at the green 1 bug during the turn. I was going to delay the flap retraction untill the turn was complete and in level flight but wasn't sure if thats a good combo.

Also i did modify the speed for the turn to something more slower 220B/3000A to D5 BKY is this also good airmanship for a simmer so i can manage the turn alot better?

So any NG pilots or anyone like to give some sound advice on turns above 400AGL during SID turns and flap retraction?

Thanks alot.