PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2015, 10:20
hotmetal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So about 25,000 flights a day in Europe. How many man hours are going to be wasted with a flight attendant on the flight deck just in case we get another nutty pilot? That is the craziness. There are threats to safety in aviation. This isn't one of them. On this occasion the apparently nutty ( but I still prefer to wait for the full investigation)pilot did something while alone. I am sure professional pilots would agree that a nutty pilot could do something catastrophic in just about all phases of flight that would be very difficult if not impossible to recover from. What shall we do about that? We must stop regulating every time there is any incident. Sometimes crazy, terrible things happen.

How does it make sense that when the captain leaves the cockpit and the remaining pilot is a friend of his for 25 years, has two medals for bravery for time in the Air Force, is generally know as a top guy that they have to get a crew member that joined the airline 3 weeks ago in to supervise?? Yes I know they're only there to open the door and not 'supervise' but in IMHO it amounts to the same thing. Total madness.

Pilots must be screened, psychometric testing, profiling, monitoring blah blah blah. But who should come in when when the pilot is left alone to monitor the door? Oh anybody will do. Just the nearest or the most junior one, it doesn't matter. All just a crazy knee jerk reaction to a terrible crazy awful event.