PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2015, 02:53
slats11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by janeczku
French authorities have set a world record for the swiftest accident investigation in the history of commercial aviation.
Who needs more than 48 hours to investigate an air crash anyway? The french authorities certainly don't think they do.
Come on. The media releases are not coming from an aviation investigation body. They are coming from a completely separate criminal investigation body.

The final 9/11 investigation took ages. No one criticised Pres Bush for describing it as a terrorist action that same day. Because it was completely clear that is what it was.

The Police would not be making such media releases on the world stage if they were not 100% confident.

Please don't underestimate the skill and competency of people from a different professional background just because it is unfamiliar to you.

Captain left the deck (so all was ok), then descent initiated, no communications from aircraft, and did not let Captain back in.

Now I guess there are possible barely conceivable alternative explanations. Maybe the copilot was hit in the head by a metor and was left unconscious but breathing, and his arm spasmed ank knocked the FD. I guess that's possible.

But all alternative explanations would be very long odds, and I guarantee all the purists "wanting all the facts" would not bet $1000 on these.

Like MH370, the facts point clearly to deliberate action. Sometimes 2 + 2 really does = 4. Sorry, but sometimes it simply does.

If recovered, the FDR will add some useful detail. But it will almost certainly be a minor edit rather than a complete rewrite of the explanation we have at the moment.

Please also put yourselves in the position of the grieving next of kin of those murdered. They want information released in a transparent manner as soon as authorities are confident in the explanation. And they are damn well entitled to it.