PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 21:25
costalpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
couple of things seem odd to me:

1. they found an "unfit for duty" torn up note in his trash? Assuming the wording is correct, is that the kind of note a German private physician would give a patient? Does that sound right to anyone familiar with German procedure? Cause it sounds more like an excuse from an airline PR person than an actual note from a private physician. I'm talking about those specific words. Just asking.

2. 600 hrs? really? does that sound like normal time for A 320 first officer new hire at even a low cost carrier in Germany? anyone know?

3. he got a years LOA due to a medical problem in initial training? Is that right? If you couldn't hack initial training at any airline I've ever heard about, you were terminated. Are the germans different, or is the info wrong?

4. I wish folks would not assume that he did this cause he was depressed. I doubt that any reasonable mental health professional would ascribe to the theory that he did it because he was depressed. He may have well been depressed, but he was something else a lot worse than that, imo.