PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flydubai: Need to know BEFORE applying
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 14:52
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For being one who had THOROUGHLY researched the school system (good/bad schools) and prices, I can honestly say that our allowance does NOT cover 90% of the 'good' schools out there.

I've seen parents send their kids to schools that they've 'settled' for either because they were the only schools that had (or could offer) a place to their child or because of the cost.

I for one will say the 'private' schooling here cannot be compared to 'real' private schooling. The schools here are businesses and do NOT forget that. Not to say they're awful and terrible - they're not (though bad ones do exist).

So to say that 90% of schools are accessible within the allowance provided is bluntly put entirely incorrect. Sorry to say it how it is TJ. JESS is considered an 'Outstanding' school. Chances of getting in? NIL. Kings Jumeirah - 'Outstanding'. Chances of getting in - very, very slim. All the new schools that are popping up (Kings Al Barsha/Nad Al Sheeba, Nord Anglia, Safa Community, GEMS Al Khail etc) all start at 50,000 AED MINIMUM (and that's for primary school). And these are the schools that you 'may' be able to get your child into. With all these schools starting at +50k AED, sort of makes Repton look not so expensive after all.

Schooling will pretty much have to be subsidized by you if you come here.