PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are the employment terms at Germanwings?
Old 28th Mar 2015, 13:42
Denti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are the terms and conditions for a new hire ?
First of all, i guess you mean the part of germanwings that flies the A320 family. The CRJs are in a different company.

Well then, Germanwings is a lufthansa company, flightdeck crews are solely hired through their own cadets from the lufthansa flight school. Lufthansa pays for the whole training, however once a cadet get a flight deck position he has to pay back part of that training, he can choose how much he wants to pay back and in turn the duration of paying back.

Is he full time or part time ?
New hires are full time only, however they can choose to fly part time after 6 months if they wish to, that is something everyone in germany has by law.

Employed or self employed ?
Employed.

Is he on a contract with an expiry date ?
No. Unlimited contract, however he is frozen on type and company for 4 or 5 years, after which i can apply for any open longhaul position in lufthansa (lufthansa, lufthansa cargo).

Monthly pay or paid by the hour ?
Monthly, including 80 hours. Overtime will be paid if more than 80 hours are flown. Additionally there is a loss of license, pension fund contribution, transitional pay scheme paid by the company.

What about sick leave ?
Six weeks consecutive sick leave are fully paid.

Salary ?
Around 59k € per annum starting pay. Around 129k€ per annum maximum pay for FOs, 183k max for captains. It is the normal lufthansa pay scale, with the exception of a higher overtime threshold and a reduced captains pay scale (it is expected that a captain leaves after around 5 to 6 years to fly as longhaul captain in Lufthansa).

Scheduling ?
Hours and Sectors per month ?
Well, its a LCC, so expect 4 sectors a day and as many hours as possible.

Where are they based ?
Several german airports. As far as i know not FRA and MUC though.

Vacation and Crew rest ?
42 days vacation.