PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 13:11
jaytee54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There have been several proven, or very likely, past instances of mass murder by pilot suicide. Why suddenly now do we start a witch-hunt against depressed pilots? We have accepted the risk in the past. We could continue to accept the risk, but with greater vigilance.

In the USA many hundreds of people, or is it thousands, are killed each year by guns, but the pro-gun lobby has convinced that country's politicians that guns should be allowed, even encouraged, rather than give up their democratic freedom. They value their freedom and accept the attendant risk.

Maybe we should accept the risk and stop the witch hunts and media hype.
Maybe we should get rid of the locked door now we see the risks it imposes.
Maybe we should scale back airport security in line with reality. How many bombers has airport security found and stopped, worldwide, in 20 years? They did once confiscate my nail clippers, just in case I attacked my copilot with them. Honestly, I had no intention of crashing my 767 into London.

Stopping terrorist attacks, and the mass shootings like in Norway, Dunblane and Columbine, and this latest aviation mass murder, is more about surveillance and infiltration or terrorists and keeping a friendly eye on family, friends and work colleagues.

Last edited by jaytee54; 28th Mar 2015 at 15:45.