PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 13:01
unworry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The statement by the Prosecutor has opened the flood gates to every possible allegation against the F/O. Most of these allegations are totally without merit or fact,...
Sure, so let's state what's known at this time...

Fact: moments after reaching cruise, the captain left the cockpit (source: CVR)
Fact: moments after the Captain left the FO dialed in ALT 100' (source: ADS-B data, FT24)
Fact: the captain was unable to reenter the cockpit (source: CVR)
Deduction: the FO locked the door to ensure the captain could not return to the cockpit and intervene.

So we have a few indisputable events that indicate this was an intentional act by the FO to crash the plane.

The more recent pages here are speculation as to the FO's motive, contributing factors .... and whether this type of incident can be mitigated in the future, or not. The press is naturally having a field day, but the special investigators and prosecutor have plenty of leads to pursue

Though I'm concerned how this will affect the flying public's perception of pilots and the illusion of safety, in a "mass murder" scenario such as this I wonder whether the normal air crash investigation rules can apply. (and to be clear, in no way do I condone the leaks of CVR or anonymous reports from investigators in the know, which seem to have sparked this circus in the first place)