PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Average Pilot Experience Levels Of Each Airline Be Public?
Old 28th Mar 2015, 12:37
Avenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Should Average Pilot Experience Levels Of Each Airline Be Public?"

Probably covered before, however, what's the exact benefit to the public knowing this? lets take the case of a 20000 Hr Boeing pilot that converts to Airbus, experience no effectively zero on type, probably less aware than a 100 hr cadet with time on type..of course, one could argue " overall experience in the industry" but then we also incorporate all the jurassic hobby flyers retired from the majors dozing half the flight, or the guys only used to procedural ILS city to city now flapping around in " less developed countries" for pin money, If this type of information is made public several things happen" Marketing depts TV ads " or pilots are THE most experienced" Insurance companies have excuses for premium hikes, airlines simply dodge the ball.. really can't see any useful purpose here. My Daughter is a newly qualified doctor, should we extend the principle here " in the public interest" sorry Dr you don't know my Ass from my Elbow? come on, keep the industry sensible..