PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loading speed of Firefox
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 11:46
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
Only half a gig. I was worried my 3.something usable was being a problem.

Speed because of a big file? mixture seems to have overcome that, though I suspect a powerful bit of kit, (and anyway, probably fine-tunes everything in his sleep. )

I went to time Word 10. It's so fast that it's difficult, but from fresh boot, it's about 1.2 seconds (it's on an SSD drive) and when it's put part of itself in memory, it's well sub one second.

That's another thing. Whatever slows FF down doesn't get better from having been run. Maybe that's a good thing . . . clearing out of memory when closed? I assume the above mentioned memory-hogging was just going back to it's main screen . . . question mark.

With my 32bit duo, I'm clearly not operating efficiently is some way or another. Lately, I've taken to using extra tabs rather than opening new browsers and on several occasions it looks like the graphics section jams up the system. When I go to close the (even one single) extra tab it locks up and leaves some detritus near the tab. I even had the headbanging emoticon and one other showing on an otherwise unrelated screen. Pprune was on tab 1 of course. It can be quite a lockup, occasionally needing Taskmanager End Process to escape.

Back to real work for a while.