PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ALDERNEY
Thread: ALDERNEY
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 11:42
five zero by ortac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a mess !

Firstly, I unfortunately have to agree that there is no room for two airlines on the same routes - well, not for them to survive.

But Alderney now has a major problem. Lets look at a few facts....
1. Aurigny's attempted transition to Dorniers has been an unmitigated disaster. Not because its the wrong type, just the way Aurigny have gone about it.
2. As you will see from the new summer schedule for Alderney services, Aurigny is no longer offering a workable service to Alderney. Large cut-backs so they only need one crew per Dornier per day. No chance of getting to Jersey and back without two night stops in Guernsey! No means of getting back from LGW after 11:30. Incoming mail will miss the retimed morning flight. I could go on.
3. We have a States of Alderney that seems incapable of getting a minimum level of service agreement in place. (or, it is Aurigny that won't respond ?)
4. And, we have the States of Guernsey that are not interested in Alderney and couldn't care less.
5. Then there has been 18 months of Trislander tech' problems. Delays and cancellations galore.
6. Aurigny is owned and subsidised (through taxation) by the tax payers of Guernsey and Alderney.

I have always been an Aurigny supporter, until now. Enough is Enough. So come on Aurigny, provide a proper service or let someone else do it.

As for the £900,000 loss on Alderney routes. This includes substantial amounts being re-charged across the network, and in Alderney's case often unfairly. We don't have a 122 seater. Lets just say, if it wasn't for the Alderney routes, the Guernsey to UK routes would be making an even bigger loss.

So, where does Alderney go from here ?