PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 10:20
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm referring more to the fact that certain things may jump out at someone, but they are unsure why (no context) and are pushing down the intuitive danger signal they are getting... I know I'd rather get someone checked out and be wrong then say nothing and watch them go on to harm someone else/many someones...

I guess my point is, that family/friends of people working in safety critical jobs should not be afraid that by expressing concern for whatever reason that it will become an automatic reason for them to lose their job/license/whatever... in that sense, the industry does need to change to enable those who need help to get it. Lubitz's ex GF may well not have said anything for fear she might be wrong and get him fired, when the main concern should be the fitness to fly of the pilot while giving them other options if indeed they have a problem. Not every pilot who has a mental health issue has a major one posing a threat to life (their or otherwise)

I think the specifics of that have been pretty well covered by other posters here.