PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2015, 10:00
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If its true that his girlfriend reported that he had planned something

The impression the articles give is that she did *not* report it (at least to anyone who could have taken action)

I know for sure if I were frightened enough to leave a partner based on their behaviour, who was employed as a pilot and uttered that statement to me, I would be very, very concerned.

But perhaps being employed in the same industry would have some influence on that.

People say after an event like this (9/11, school shooting, etc) "It came out of nowhere" but almost all of the time when probed will say something like "I had a weird feeling about this person" "something didn't seem right" "it didn't add up"

It seems this lady ignored her intuition, very unfortunately. Of course, just reporting that exchange in itself may not have prevented this event, if he did in fact plan to crash a flight all along, but it may have been enough to ground him pending investigation and get the help needed....

I feel for the poor girl, she must be feeling horrible right about now. Probably for the best the media haven't name her...