PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Should Average Pilot Experience Levels Of Each Airline Be Public?
Old 28th Mar 2015, 08:48
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For current context to those of you who say there is no issue with current training standards....

I am currently flying for an airline in the UK, lets leave the name out please, and while i did complete an integrated course, before joining said airline i flew para drop, bush flying and small tp airliners.

I would consider myself no better than average and make the odd mistake still despite being here awhile now. Over the last week I am having poor performing FO's who joined the company long before me, from the company's cadet scheme, being hauled off the line to sit on the jumpseat behind me as their performances are not up to standard and their handling skills are poor at best.

You cannot protect against the kind of tragic incident that has happened but we can and should use it as an opportunity to highlight the deficiencies in our industry and hope the regulators do the right thing and follow the Americans.