PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 22:45
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian

LNIDA

Hi, yes it hadn't gone unnoticed but you beat me to it!

A little gutted actually as Madrid was on my agenda for April but the return flight on Sunday 12/4 was over £100 each when I was looking and it put me off and it has now dropped well below that figure by a long way but it is flybe to CDG instead and at least I get to go on the 195 again before they go.

Do you know when or if Norwegian winter 2015/6 BHX schedule is going on sale as I am surprised that at the very least, the last week in October was not released as an extension of summer like Ryanair and Monarch usaully do, as the Midlands half-term is that week.

I assume they still plan to operate from BHX?

Also do you know if the tie-up with Thomas Cook includes BHX and if so when from? Thomas Cook's BHX winter offering is quite poor especially compared to their fantastic summer offering and a little help from Norwegian might be a way of stimulating growth for both.

Easter

Hopefully with the Midlands schools staggering the Easter break it will give a boost to April pax figures and not only have Norwegian gained but I have never seen so many easyjet sell-outs and the upgrades have been coming thick and fast from the scheduled airlines, such as AF, LH, LX, TK and ZB have restarted a couple of destinations a few days ahead of the clock change.

Only flybe have put a dampner on matters with Waterford, Oslo and Toulouse ending today followed by Reykjavik, Oporto, Cologne, Hamburg, Florence and Knock tomorrow.

Small Planet

After will they won't they operate this summer for Cosmos, Small Planet have ended up with an aircraft at BHX for around a month but for the MOD flights.