PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 21:50
Ellie Vater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm with Pace all the way on this one - thought for the victims must surely be at the top of the agenda, rather than sympathy for this man. (However depressed he was).

I was reading up about some of the aircraft passengers earlier, the one Pace mentioned, the two young opera singers, the newly married couple - and obviously, the 14 teenage girls and 2 teenage boys on the exchange visit, plus numerous others. Possibly the worst, was the teenager who had forgotten her passport, but somebody got it to her in time ....

I find myself constantly thinking about this awful event, and how completely needless it was, so sorry if my sympathies are not with this man.

One other repercussion of this, is that I believe the CAA were on the brink of relaxing slightly the rules regarding getting back/holding, a medical if someone had previously been diagnosed and treated for depression in the past. Can't believe that that will happen any time now.

Yes, I think I have a reasonable insight into depression, after witnessing the suicide attempt of my best friend years ago. (And no, she didn't display any outward signs either - it all came out after - but she didn't attempt to take another 150 people with her.....