PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Museum at Hendon..
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 10:23
Martin the Martian

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts
The council may have received the hangar for free from the MoD, but they still have to maintain it, along with the rest of the site. Furthermore CAF moved in on the basis that they would have a very reduced rent for the first year due to the Aerohub scheme, but that it would rise afterwards. They knew that, and I rather think that they moved out of Coventry because of the uncertainty affecting the airfield at the time. Now that the situation has settled it's 'as you were'.

I know several of the volunteers at CAF, and the general opinion is that the organisation doesn't know its backside from its elbow, with a revolving door policy for those in positions of responsibility, and in effect has abused much of the goodwill and enthusiasm its presence has generated in its time at Newquay.

I'm sad to see them go for all that, worried for the future of the larger airframes at Newquay and sorry for those who will lose their jobs, but I do think that Cornish tourism will manage without. Attractions come, attractions go.