PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 09:37
DB64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Eaglebaby

Why would you expect breathing to be different? Have you experienced first hand people who are intent on killing themselves or others? It has already been stated by some people on this thread, with some knowledge of suicide, that a state of calm can descend. Detachment is common with some mental health conditions, where the individual is completely numb and unable to feel emotion; so normal breathing would not be impossible or even implausible.

Furthermore, whilst I understand the sheer incredulity that this act is met with amongst some posters leading to a questioning of the veracity of preliminary findings, which most likely will prove to be upheld when the rest of the evidence is collected and final reports written, I find some of the excuses being made and the using of it as an opportunity by some to highlight personal gripes about pay and conditions, in very bad taste (it has been pointed out more than once that the FO in question was paid well and works for a very well respected company).

I am not a pilot, but have a keen interest in aviation and have read every post from the outset. As Blake777 pointed out in #1846 and I quote, "Before refusing to believe anything or putting on rose tinted glasses, I suggest everyone review one of the very few truly enlightening and sensible posts on here, which was from Capt Kremin, who basically called this very early on logical grounds as per known facts."

I leave you with this thought, if your wife, child, brother, sister, parent was one of the poor souls on board, would you be so quick to dismiss the findings the evidence so far is pointing to?