PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 09:23
mary meagher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some posters wonder what use to have cabin crew as the second person in the cockpit while the Captain visits the WC. What could she do, not knowing how to fly the plane? As Judd pointed out on post 1764, an attractive 19 year old girl may certainly be a distraction and a witness, and a friendly ear. I would hope that most cabin crew also know the right button to press to use the radio and send a mayday, which could be useful if it is a physical rather than a mental problem incapacitating the flight crew.

As for the difference in the assessment of people and their stability, 1500 hours in small aircraft, in a flying club of any sort will certainly make people aware of strange behavior, or unreliable types.

Other posters suggest airliners should be piloted like drones, by pilots sitting safely on the ground in control centres! NO THANKS! I remember the very first passenger, who persuaded a US Mail pilot to let him sit on the mailbags, back in 1920, or whenever Lindberg started flying the mail.
The US Mail pilot said to the chap, who needed urgently to get to LA whatever the cost or danger....."Well, if my butt gets there, I guess yours will too..."

Last edited by mary meagher; 27th Mar 2015 at 13:47.