PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 07:24
Frequent_Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ oldchina
Thank you for pointing this out. There are so many facts missing which the rainbow press actually loves. Read all about it - style headlines is what they live off. But on a serious note: This Co-P might have been on strong medication and as someone mentioned before, it can turn you into a zombie or maniac. For example, I knew a lady who took sleeping pills and as a side effect she would have dream-like states while awake, acting out her dream. After 30 mins or more she would snap back into reality. Another man I knew tried sleeping pills once and lost his ability too speak for an hour (these were side effects stated in the leaflet). The Co-P might have been on any kind of meds, even more so if we assume that he did suffer from some previous ailments, which could have rendered him zonked-out but breathing normally. I can't help but feel for him, as he is no longer there to defend himself. How many times has history proven that a scapegoat was just that and not responsible for the actions which were blamed on him? The investigation will surely look at his medical records, private belongings, conduct autopsies on PAX and crew etc. before reaching a conclusion. And from a perspective in the cabin: I've flown with many pilots, who during layovers talk about all sorts of personal problems, but they are capable of separating personal from professional once they put on the uniform!