PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 07:18
ele

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the comment of a psychologist

For what is worth: yesterday night I asked a friend of mine who's a psychologist about this case.
He said of course (as any 'shrink' does) that 'you have to know the person', but added that if you want to commit 'suicide' you do it on your own.
If he chose to kill 150 people with him, he probably 'harbored a deep sense of hatred/resentment' towards everyone else. He added that 'you must know the person', again, but to him this seemed more connected to a psychotic unbalance than to a depression.
He hardly doubts that (previously) no one noticed anything 'strange' about this person's behaviour (that was also confirmed by another psychologist on TV, so I think it's true).
As others pointed out, I also am perplexed at seeing (too?) many people still in 'denial phase', not willing to accept or even consider the idea that this was really intentional (if the BEA made those considerations at the press conference they are certain, that I fully trust).
A big part of the German audience (I noticed reading comments yesterday) simply refuses to accept what the BEA officials said, to the point of being more concerned/preoccupied by the privacy issues related with the disclosure of the pilot's name (and 'oh, who will protect his family') than with the terrible act that's been commited (i.e. focus not on the tragedy itself, but on totally secundary privacy issues, and similar... like 'I do not want to face/accept it', let's speak about other details).