PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 03:17
dogsridewith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rapid Eye Movement (REM) deep sleep dream state

People fall asleep at the wheel of cars quite often. I think one can go quickly from drowsey to sleep, which may be the deep REM type. I think external stimuli during REM state can be incorporated into the dream rather than causing a wake up. (Knocking on door, loud voices, etc.)

Post by Dingo 63--
"Having Squitter data showing manual input clearly is not, in my opinion, definitive as to state of mind or intent of the F/O. We can deduce, but my question would be, why in the world did the F/O manually input 100, and stay on FP ? I would like a mental health professional to show me the percentage of folks so minded, that would take deliberate action and make no attempt to expedite it, ie, roll it over, nor take advantage of the CVR to explain to his actions to loved ones or those he might have been aggrieved at.

Doesn't add up. And to sit there listening to the pilot banging on the door to get in... human nature is not to just sit there and "know" entry would not be gained in time... and yet he did apparently nothing to expedite departure from controlled flight. Doesn't add up. There is more to this.... just has to be. I don't like speculating and I hate that the media has "solved" it because of the French guy preliminary statement."

edit: This was written before seeing the 3 related posts just above.