PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructor rating FAA or EASA?
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 01:42
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there and welcome aboard!

Well, in general, it doesn't look good. In the past I would have said, go to a big international flight school in the US, get your CPL and CFI (certified flight instructor) and work for them as a CFI afterwards. There was a special visa program for international students which allowed them to work for the school for a limited period of time (J1 visa / 24 month) but I just figured out that this visa (program) doesn't exist anymore and I'm not familiar with the current visa regulations/program. I attached a link below, from a US flight school (in the past this school offered the old J1 visa program) now it's offering the F1 visa program, promising the possibility of employment.

http://www.flyhaa.com/en/page/airpla...ining_f-1_visa

Regrading Europe, in Europe many instructors are airline pilots who work on a part time bases for a flight school. There are only a few big schools who are in need of full time instructors based on their student load and usually they prefer hiring locals or former airline/commercial pilots. As a Non-EU citizen, without a work/residence permit, your chances of finding employment in the EU are pretty much zero.

I don't know about the situation in Africa and/or Asia, perhaps there are some folks on here who can provide some information.

Good luck!

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 27th Mar 2015 at 03:05.