PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2015, 00:26
LASJayhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When ground testing a CVR, the area mic will pick up the sound of you moving in the seat, dropping an ink pen, passing gas, etc.

Several thoughts:

So they set the timer to 5 min, is this via software or strapping? And in any routine mx do they physically check the time? Assuming set for 5 min, means 5 min is taking it on faith, something we tend to frown on in aviation.

Machinery breaks, normally at the most inconvient time. But then again so do humans.

I have no doubt that they can tell the difference between an unguarded and guarded toggle switch being flipped. But without FDR data or associated aural warnings, telling which guarded switch is just supposition at this point.

I am somewhat leery of releasing information piecemeal that fits a supposition, no matter how likely it is.

We all are a small community, no make that family. And while they have made it sound like crazy uncle joe may well have done it on purpose, they haven't proved it to me to the point that I'm willing to make him a mass murderer. So until further data is made available, could we all refrain from making statements that make it seem as absolute fact?