PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 23:47
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OK4Wire
Not going to make an ounce of difference, I'm afraid.

My airline already does that, and given the average age, english language ability and education level, she (or sometimes he) will do anything I tell her to do, even as far as locking the door for me.

If I was determined to enact an act of disaster, a 45kg 19 year old girl would not stop me from me doing what I want to do.

Send in 2? Now it's a lot more difficult.
Well it's a behavioural thing now. Just like before 9/11, no one really raised an eyebrow if pax wanted to visit the flight deck, before Germanwings (if murder-suicide turns out to be the cause of this tragedy) the sole pilot asking for the remaining pilot to be locked out of the flight deck might have seemed like a reasonable request to follow.

I don't think even the most gullible FA would be so quick to do the same now, particularly if instructions from the higher-ups to the contrary were made crystal clear.

Regarding your rather generalised remark about the physique of an FA, I find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a larger person on board to stand in the flight deck

Besides, if you were determined enough to commit murder, there is little that could be done to stop you. Having a second person in the flight deck is mostly about making sure the other pilot will be let back in, and at least creates an opportunity for someone to open the door and raise the alarm in the cabin if your behaviour seemed suspicious.