PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 22:24
vanHorck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am hoping there is a criminal element to leaking information from an investigation, which can be prosecuted.

There cannot have been too many senior French military staff attached to the investigation who were close enough to know the details leaked to the NYT, so let's hope he gets found.

It would have been much better for all concerned if we had continued assuming hypoxia for a few days till more was known.

Now the prosecutor had to rush to calm everything by coming out with the facts as he knew them. I listened to his entire monologue and he did quite a reasonable job, inclusive refusing to call it a suicide and emphasizing time and time these are preliminary findings. Nevertheless it left many more questions than the answers he was able to give.

We can only hope the FDR is rapidly found and the data are cross checked against the VCR. Simultaneously no doubt the next few days will reveal more details about the FO.

I was thinking of his parents, their grief is obviously equal to all the other parents but on top of that their beloved son killed another 149 people, and that must be an additional inhuman burden. Jeez, how many of us have children!?

We are sometimes short fused here, we shouldn't, every one is entitled to their opinions even if they are not a pilot or had the weakness of not reading the entire thread and asking a question already answered. At least we are alive.

I'll crawl back in my hole now.