PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 19:43
theonesaint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´m completely unknowledgeable

how things work in the cockpit. Nonetheless I have a wife who's afraid of flying and I started reading on this forum after she´s freaking out a bit as she was completely confident of Lufthansa and subsidiaries.

Suicide or murder, whatever you want to call it what the FO apparently did, I´m puzzled about the following things, and maybe someone here has an answer for me.

The French state prosecutor talked about:
- Normal knocks on the door.
- After that, strong knocks on the door.
- After that, the captain trying to break in the door.

He did not mention the cockpit alarms emerging when the emergency door code was entered on the outside keypad? (I´ve seen the youtube video on the door mechanism).

Why did he mention sounds of "normal breathing", but not of door opening alarms in the cockpit?

Did the pilot (or cabin crew) therefore really use the correct emergency procedure to get into the cockpit?

Furthermore:

- If the FO becomes unconscious (for whatever reason), you continue to breath normally. To me it´s not a bullet-proof explanation that the FO did it intentionally.

I´m the last to read into conspiracy theories, but it´s not 100% clear to me and would like to try to understand.