PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A320 crashed in Southern France
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2015, 18:55
FlyingOfficerKite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well blame the authorities for this situation, it was not that long ago when they more or less scrapped the self improver route, (PPL, Instructor, CPL, Turboprop, 1500 hours later ATPL and maybe the right seat of a jet) in the UK in favour of young button pushing wannabes coming out with a licence after 200 hours !!!!!
... a change required due to the unprecedented demand for pilots caused by the growth of the the low cost carriers in the 90s and early 2000s - not for the best, in my opinion.

I read something a while back about people with 'suicidal tendencies'. At least according to the article, it is quite common that when someone becomes suicidal, they do not consider the consequences of their action on other people. It's not that they don't care that other people may die, the thought that they could be killing other people never even occurs to them. Hence the person who turns their car into oncoming traffic never even thinks about the possibility that people in the car they collide with may be seriously hurt or killed.
Rather scary if true, but it would help explain things.
Well all the professionals I have ever talked to would agree with that. A person in a suicidal state has no conscience and it becomes the ultimate selfish act.

Imagine knowing that there were young children and babies on board and yet still carrying out that action ... it's incomprehensible to anyone with any conscience and thought for his fellow man.